Thursday, December 27, 2007

Our First Christmas...

Christmas seemed a lot like Thanksgiving this year in that we were pretty much running around the whole time! We started off driving to Oxford,MS last weekend to attend a Christmas party on Scott's Grandma's side. We had great fun. There is this bakery called Bottletree Bakery...supposedly Oprah's been there and loved it so of course I had to check it out:) It was delicious. It was in "The Square" which is what downtown Oxford is called. Then we drove back Sunday night because I had to work Christmas Eve day.

Then I went straight from work to my parents house where I met Scott for Christmas Eve dinner. We had a really fun time with my parents...somehow we always end up laughing about something! Then we left from my parents house and drove all the way back to Oxford,MS that night. We spent Christmas day at Scott's grandparents house with his family there in Oxford. Scott got guitar hero for Christmas so we played that ALL day. Ate some great food as well. They have a tradition of Christmas brunch which consists of breakfast casserole, cheese grits, some fruit dish, and blueberry bread. Soooo good. Then we drove all the back to Little Rock Christmas night because we both had to work the next day. Needless to say we were a little worn out yesterday:) But all in all, it was a great first Christmas together!









"The Square in Oxford, Mississippi"

Scott's Grandparents (Momu & Dadee)

Scott's younger sister and dad









5 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all, Michelle!

Even your cute little puppy! :-)

Grace Powell said...

Yes, Izzy is really stealing the show! Beware that guitar hero. I hear it's so addictive you may never see your husband again. Next Christmas, it will just be you and Izzy, wondering who that hairy man jamming in the living room is...

bandanachick said...

Looks fun and tiring!
Little Izzy is darling!

Christina said...

Has anyone mentioned to you that you look stunning in white? Glad to hear your first "married" Christmas was fun! Did you get a "First Christmas Together" ornament? Or am I the only silly sentimental one here? Oh, and Izzy is such a little doll! I just wanna squeeze her...gently.

Anonymous said...

Michelle, your dad cracks me up. Those pictures made me laugh.

Also, tell Scott I'm jealous. Guitar Hero III is a fun game (and very addicting).