Any suggestions/thoughts/ideas on the living room would be much appreciated!:)
.JPG)

Yes, we are planning on painting over this...yikes!


.JPG)
.JPG)
Master Bed/Bath...My dad will actually be helping us convert the bathroom into more closet space:) and adding on a new master bath.

Guest Bed #1

Guest Bed #2...Where we will be staying during remodeling.
.JPG)
Guest Bath...I left out the picture of the bathtub on purpose...it's scary:)
13 comments:
Wow. Those people have TERRIBLE taste in decor... Yikes. Why is there a recliner/chair in their kitchen??? It has great potential though. Defintely paint the paneling! :o)
I saw the greatest kitchen the other day. I'll have to see if I can find the link. It had the black and white tile floor with lime green walls and white trim. They had used lots of black accents and the cabinets were white. It was awesome. Josh hated it of course... we have very different taste! :o)
Here it is. There are several different views.
okay the link didn't show up. Sorry! http://www.mcgrawdavissonstewart.com/fmht/files/813966index.html
Okay, those aren't that scary at all! I think it will totally cute once you are finished.
My advice would be to paint the paneling (as you were planning)and the ceiling, and then paint the bookcases and the fireplace brick white. I noticed that there is matching wood trim pieces at the ceiling edge (and probably baseboards too?) that you could paint white to match the rest of the house. Once you are through, it will look soooo good! I love painted paneling!
Can't wait to see it when you're done!
Call me crazy, but I sorta like the paneling...is it real wood?
Painted would look nice too.
Is the kitchen floor brick linoleum? The blue counters are pretty ugg.
Ohhh, what a job! But you'll have fun and it'll be YOUR house which is a good feeling. Can't wait to come visit.
Yeah! Of course you know, I would paint the paneling too. It will look so good when you are done! I have seen recently a lot of painted paneling, if I find some more, I will send you the links!
I can't wait to see it some day!
It was so great to see you when I was home, thanks so much for coming. I really appreciated it!
Wow, Brooke...that kitchen was cute. She did a really good job decorating that house!
So glad you got a cute little house! Take it from us the fixer uppers are worth it-you get such a pride of ownership! We are still working on our 1938 house 3 years after we purchased, it is a process but worth it! If you need any advice feel free to e-mail Josh!
Check this blog out:
http://theletteredcottage.blogspot.com/
Brooke- Ummm yes I cant believe some people live like that. You should have seen all the dust they left. Thanks for the kitchen pic...very cute. I like the green color on the walls.
Rachel- I love that blog! Thanks for sharing...I have been looking for a good before and after for the wood panels! So your house is older than ours but not by much...ours was built in '42.
Jenica- yes we will be taking out the red flooring(or whatever that is) in the kitchen. there's hardwoods underneath...and i think the countertops will be staying for now but im with you on getting rid of that eventually:)
that is so exciting!!! i agree that the former owners have horrid taste. yikes!
Michelle - I know, it's not always possible to change everything you don't like (like the counter tops). We still have horrible flooring, and it's good for me to learn to just be happy with them despite.;)
Post a Comment