I have a right to be sentimental and emotional on my birthday right?! Especially since I'm also pregnant?! ;)
I feel like birthdays take on different meanings the older one gets. But looking back, my favorite birthday memory consists of going out to breakfast with my dad. A tradition that stayed in place through high school and well into college. And yes I will be having breakfast with him tomorrow...can't wait. What I loved most about those birthday breakfasts was how my dad would always tell me the story of how/when I was born. I never tired of hearing it. We would talk about the present and always talk about the future. ALWAYS the best start to every birthday. My parents always made me feel like the most special and important person. From awesome birthday parties to yummy cakes to long sweet encouraging notes in birthday cards...it was an occasion to look forward to for weeks before. Birthdays are a little different now. My parents don't come over and dote on me all day:) They still love on me but now my husband and my friends do too:) Which is all part of growing up(I'm 31...yikes).
I was talking to Scott last night about this. And we agreed...we want the same for our kids. We want their birthdays to be oh so special. To make them feel special, loved. Because honestly, when I think back on the day Eleanor was born...oh my...what a special day it was. Love I never knew I had came to the surface.
And now I understand why my parents made ME feel so special. What a wonderful thing it is. To be loved.
-- Posted from my iPhone
2 comments:
Tears!!!!
so sweet!
Post a Comment