Saturday, April 7, 2012

He's here!

Weston Charles was born March 26th! We are so in love:) I will try to give you a short version of the birth story.

Since, with Eleanor, I was five days late and labored for over 36 hours, Scott and I decided to schedule an induction. So on the morning of March 26th, we checked in and I got hooked up to the IV's, started the pitocin and my water was broken. As soon as I was dilated to a 3 I called for the epi...duh. Well, the pitocin worked great so after a couple hours we cut it out. Everything was going so smooth. I was progressing just fine on my own. Until the nurse noticed that every time I had a contraction little man's heartbeat would slow WAY down. Like scary slow. So I was given the oxygen mask hoping that would help. Well, when the doctor came in to check on me around 3pm, I had gone from a 7 to fully complete(10) very fast. And baby's heartbeat was getting slower and slower. Somewhere in the process of pushing, Weston's heartbeat went BELOW 60 and stayed there for four minutes. At that time, my doctor didn't want to risk anything so I was rushed back to the OR for a c-section. I seriously felt like I was part of a drama series during this time. All the sudden there were like five nurses around me and everyone was moving very fast. I was also feeling very upset because I really didn't want a c-section. I just wanted a few more chances to push him out. Well, I was rushed back, and a couple minutes later, little sweet baby boy was born. I remember my doctor saying "wow that is the longest cord I have ever seen". Apparently, it was wrapped pretty good around Weston's neck and arm, so that every time I had a contraction, it would tighten around his neck causing the heartbeat to lower.











I am so thankful to the Lord that Weston is here and he is healthy. So many things could have gone wrong, way worse than having a c-section, and they didn't. Scott and I feel incredibly blessed to have been given another precious being to watch and care over. I think I especially felt the awesomeness of it all this time around. Weston truly is a gift from God. 

4 comments:

Shawna said...

Yay! We're so happy he is here safe and sound in your arms. He is absolutely beautiful.

I've been praying for your recovery quite a bit since I saw a pic on fb of you with a blue cap on, I knew what that meant. :) I too understand the awe feeling of your heart, filled with thanks to an Almighty God. His providence takes on a whole new meaning, doesn't it? In His kindness, He blesses us in ways we can't even think to ask or comprehend.

Soak up every moment! And, I'll keep praying. :)

the osbornes said...

Sounds very much like Noah's birth story!
He is absolutely PRECIOUS. Seriously, one of the sweetest newborns i have ever seen!

jenica said...

They are SUCH a gift! So thankful he is hear safely, praise the Lord!

Kaci said...

He is adorable Michelle! Your story sounds exactly like my experience with Emma. She also had the scary heart rate issue. I cried when I had to have c-section but it turned out just fine.I was also able to do a VBAC with Noah.

Praising the Lord that you have a health baby. Hope you are all adjusting well. It's lots of fun to have a little boy :)