Monday, March 19, 2007

Finally!


Hello...I have been meaning to create a blog for probably almost a year now and I can't believe it is finally here!









The past year has brought about a FEW changes:) I got married January 6th and I am so happy to be married. It is great...who wouldn't want to experience this?? My husband's name is Scott Schuchard. He is a wonderful person with a huge heart! So we went to Antigua for our honeymoon. Not more than two minutes into the country and we were corrected on our pronunciation of the word. It is "Antiga". That took a few times for me to adjust to;) But the country was beautiful with lots of vegetation and BEAUTIFUL beaches. We actually stayed at the biggest resort on the island which we had not even realized when we booked the trip. It was a nice resort though and we basically just laid on the beach and enjoyed good food. One of the last days of our honeymoon, we went on a scuba-diving trip on this sailboat...I want one! It is so peaceful...



Now I am working on the whole name change process...I can not believe how complicated! We first had to send in the marriage certificate, then I got to apply for a social security card. I just received the social sec card last week! It still feels SO weird to sign my last name different.

For all those who don't know, my sister Sarah had her baby Greta Ann Feb 20th....yeah!!! She is adorable and I can't wait to get to know a new addition to the family. Kari is up to bat soon. We think she will have Edward Beckham sometime next week....who knows.

I really want to keep in touch with everyone and hopefully by doing this I can get the other members of my family to join;)

5 comments:

Ruth said...

Yeah! I am SO glad that you have started a blog! Hopefully we can keep in touch better through that!
Glad you are enjoying your new married life!

Grace Powell said...

Welcome Michelle! I hope you can get the swing of blogging faster than me. I am so excited to be able to keep in touch this way. And yes, let's work on getting Sarah and Kari and cousin Michelle involved too!

Rachel said...

Yeah! I'm looking forward to reading your blog! Congrats!

Brooke said...

welcome!

so is learning to write schuchard as hard as it was to learn to write lindamood?! it takes me forever to sign my name now!

marti said...

I was very excited to see you have joined the blog world. Loved your wedding and seeing the family again.

Looks like the honeymoon was wonderful. Hi to your Mom and Dad for me. I told your dad when he was here recently to send me some pics of Sara's baby and I would make sure they were posted on a blog for all to see. Now it's in your court!