I can't believe I will to be four months on Monday! The first three months went by SO slow, but this past month has flown by. And let me tell you, I have really started to enjoy being pregnant.
No more waking up with gingerale and crackers to tell me good morning. No more getting to work, sitting down and fighting the urge to hit the bathroom and make it all feel better. I was pretty stubborn about not throwing up. And the best part, drumroll please, I can eat DINNER and love eating it! I would feel good all afternoon and really early evening. Then once Scott started cooking something I had asked for, I would all the sudden not be hungry and want to run away from it.
I think the one thing God has already started teaching me through this is sacrifice. Some of the little things that I have held on to I have had to give up. This summer, I have missed wakeboarding! I miss my iced starbucks latte(although Im thinking about splurging this weekend:)). I miss my glass of wine on Friday's after work. I miss not being able to take claritin D...seriously! I miss the way my body looked four months ago. And I know this is just the beginning of sacrifices I will be making.
What's makes it all worth it is knowing that precious living being inside of me is still there! Sometimes I feel like I get caught up in counting the days and and looking for the next big moment that I fail to appreciate what's living inside of me. What God has so graciously given Scott and I. How amazing it is! When I first found out I was pregnant, I signed up for a weekly update from babycenter.com on the developments of our baby each week. How big it is, how much it weighs, what was forming, ect...Unbelievable! By week five, at just the size of a sesame, the heart is already starting to beat. And now, almost eleven weeks later, at the size of an avacado, it's moving around fully functional. I think I even felt it move for the first time this week. It felt like a little bubble. I have had this verse in my head a lot lately and thought I would share it with you.
Ps. 139:14 "I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
15 comments:
I can only HOPE i'll look that good when the time comes for me to be 4 months pregnant! You look awesome!
You look BEAUTIFUL and are definitely glowing! Such sweet thoughts you shared. Thanks for the update and pic. So happy that you are feeling great now.
I'm glad you're doing so well and enjoying the good things about pregnancy. You have now entered the comfortable months (soon to change), but you're right, this life is a precious gift. Lots of sacrifice, but worth it all.
Oh and you look beautiful!
Michelle, you look adorable!!
Thanks for the update! It's great to hear all that you are learning and experiencing. So fun!
Esther
Thanks for the reminder to focus on the miracle the Lord has formed instead of how miserable we feel!
You look great!
i agree with all the other ladies- you look adorable! and all the sacrifices are worth it- although I wish my six-pack. hee hee.
Isn't it so amazing how children can change our lives and our perspectives even before we're able to hold them in our arms. Thanks for sharing these thoughts with us!
You look adorable! Glad you are feeling better.
Congratulations! My grandma calls pregnancy a special partnership with the Lord in making a new creation- something so wonderful to experience despite all the trials and sacrifices. I have to remind myself of that sometimes when I am tempted to focus on the hardships! Anna
You look ADORABLE Michelle!!
I love your thoughts on pregnancy too, becoming a mother is a sacrifice like no other, but it is also a blessing that the Lord CHOOSES to give to us. Praise HIM for your little miracle growing inside!
Love you!!
Love those thoughts, Michelle - I'm so glad you're feeling better and can focus on the miracle living inside of you. I love that part of pregnancy!
Love you!
You look great Michelle! I'm so glad you are feeling better...everything looks brighter when your stomach isn't churning. All the sacrifices will seem like nothing as soon as you get that little one in your arms. I remember thinking before Wyatt was born that I was going to have a hard time having someone so dependent on me especially with the boys being older now, but I actually haven't thought about it once! Amazing what love can make disappear! I'm so excited for you, knowing all the joy and love that you are experiencing and will continue to enjoy as your little one grows and the day arrives that you finally get to meet face to face!
You look wonderful! I love what you said about sacrifices. I am so happy for you guys!
hey you, love your picture! i miss being there for this fun time
love you
sis
ps get your starbucks :O)
Post a Comment