I can NOT believe how fast this pregnancy has gone by. This past month, I have had some really fun showers, worked on the nursery, and had a great Thanksgiving with my whole family. One more month to go! It could drag on but I just don't think it will with it being the holiday season and all. I couldn't think of a more perfect time of year to spend my last four weeks of pregnancy! I officially have 12 work days left. Yes. Just 12. And I have definitely been coasting at work. hah! I get out of bed around the time Scott leaves for work and I arrive at work oh somewhere around the 9ish hour? I have started my weekly OB appt's and from what my dr. says "we are batting a thousand with this pregnancy". Scott and I are so thankful to the Lord that we have had no complications so far. Besides some swollen feet, no major aches or pains. And yes, still sleeping straight through the night. I don't even have to get up to go the bathroom until the morning!
I do although find myself thinking a lot lately about what is ahead. I know all you ladies out there know what I mean when I say-I'm. Scared. Please don't get me wrong. I can't wait to meet little Ellie and hold her in my arms. But I know there is so much more to having a baby than that!
-What will it be like to "birth" a baby? YIKES.
-Will I have the emotional stamina for the sleepless (I LOVE my sleep) nights...and there will be plenty of them...
-Will Scott and I's relationship ever be the same? (it's really good right now. just the two of us.)
-What about Izzy? (I know it's silly, but she is my baby and gets a GOOD amount of my attention)
-Will I be a good GODLY mother?
But one thing I'm sure of, I know I have the Lord by my side no matter what changes occur.
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous hand." Isaiah 41:10

8 1/2 months!
9 comments:
Ohhh girl, the best is yet to be!! Just wait. So excited for you and Scott! My SIL just visited and I just realized you a due a day apart, same as Kari and I were, wierd. (PS..you look really cute, will be praying for you)
Yay! An update! I'm glad your pregnancy has gone so well and that it has even gone FAST!! I'll be praying for you as you embark on motherhood. I think the most important thing is that you DESIRE to be a godly mother. You have quite the legacy and I'm sure you and Scott will be great parents.
-Esther
so sweet!! your gonna be a natural
miss and love ya
sis
you look so cute! You're gonna be such a great mom..it's the best thing in the world. And your relationship with Scott will just deepen with the role of raising a little one together. Looking forward to hearing the news!
You're BEAUTIFUL!! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever so I miss ya!! I can't wait to hug and kiss little Ellie. She's going to be perfect. I pray everyday for your perfect delivery too! WOW-- it's gone by so fast!
Michelle, I am thinking that you and Scott will be great parents. Life does change when a child comes into a family, but the inconveniences are definitely worth it - another human being to love and point to God the Father and Our Lord Jesus Christ. To watch them grow and learn Bible verses and see God from a child's eyes. These are wonderful treasures and there are many others as well. Enjoy every minute! Love you, Laura R.
Michelle, I know just what you mean! I feel that way every time - excited but NERVOUS too...can we really handle this and do it well???? Not a chance, but God daily provides the strength and grace as we need it. You guys are going to do great! Can't wait to see pics when she arrives. :) Love ya!
WOW!!!! Sleeping through the night w/out potty breaks? Definately jealous. I never had potty breaks during the night until I got pregnant. Now I'm getting up every night at least 3 times a night :-(
When William was born, Jonathan took the blanket that he was wrapped in home that night to their dog Tipsy so that Tipsy could get used to William's smell. You might want to try that for Izzy to help her adjust.
So glad to hear that you've had a smooth pregnancy and I hope the last few weeks go just as smoothly
i was scared to death when I was pregnant with Aidan, but it is true that children are a blessing from the Lord. You will do great. Being a mom is so much fun, especially when you have a great husband by your side!
Post a Comment