Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Checking in...

Before I had Ellie, I would always hear moms saying how fast their kids grew up and how sad it was. I would have thoughts to myself like, "don't you want them to grow up fast so you can have your life back the way it was before?" I take back every.single.one.of.those.thoughts. You have no idea how great having a child of your own is until you have one. seriously. And Ellie is only 3 months. It can only get better! I love this stage too. She is so interactive...especially with daddy. Which, to be honest, makes me a little mad. Don't get me wrong, I love it that they have that special relationship. But why does she laugh and giggle and light up EVERYTIME she sees Scott when I'm the one staying home and taking care of her day in and day out?? She has also become the little talker. And I think it's the cutest noises I've ever heard. She mainly does it in her bouncy seat and on her changing table. About a week ago, she rolled over from her back to her stomach!! SO fun to watch:)

The only down side to her turning three months is that I have gone back to work. It's only two days a week. One day my mother-in-law watches her and the other day my mom watches her. I know. It could be so much worse. But the first week just killed me. I'm working on the third week and it's still hard but getting so much better. I just thank the Lord for every time I have with Ellie. There really is something to a mother spending time with their children. It is so much more fulfilling than working outside the home. I know some women HAVE to work full time and I just empathize with them. I have a lot to be thankful for. For all of you SAHM's out there I know you would like a break from your kids but just be thankful the Lord has allowed you to directly invest in your children's lives. every day. I will never again ask a mom "so, what do you do all day?" hah!

Just wanted ya'll to get a sneak peak of Ellie's birth announcement. Since I was so late(woops:)), I just put a picture of her at three months on it. I can't wait to get them in the mail and start sending them out!



4 comments:

Shawna said...

Michelle! Such a great post, I loved it.

I remember when I had Merikate, I would go out and about and just be in awe of every.single.mother I saw. They had carried, birthed and were raising beautiful children. I never could have imagined the highs and lows of all that involved in "having a baby"!

I am so glad you are treasuring it and enjoying it so much. I agree, the time goes by so fast. Our oldest is now closer to college than she is to the baby stage, you blink and it has all sped by!

Sydney said...

LOVE the birth announcement.

Oh, and you're SUCH a great mom! Ellie is so lucky!!!

Grace Powell said...

I'm so glad you are able to treasure these moments and glad for the reminder that I should! Ellie is beautiful, love the announcement!

Rachel said...

Oh Michelle, what a sweet post! It is so neat to see how much you are loving being a mom and treasuring the moments. It is such an amazing joy - I never could have imagined either!

I know how hard it is to go back to work. I worked part time too, for several years. The break is nice, but it does make you appreciate the time you have at home. And especially thankful for good babysitters. :)

Love the birth announcement! You are so good to even get them done at all!