Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hidden gems

Scott and I have been on the lookout for a dining table. Can I just admit here that I am a very picky shopper. I just don't like to settle. I want to be excited about my find! We really didn't want to buy new. We wanted old and with some character. After checking out every antique mall and store we could, we discovered that buying tables from antique malls are EXPENSIVE. I mean seriously??? We also checked out Craig's list...nope.

Finally, with the help of our wonderful family, we came across this old beauty at an estate sale on River Ridge last weekend. It came from a 5000 sq ft house in Harrisburg and is from the depression era (VERY old). Could it have more character? I don't think so! It came with SIX chairs, one of them an armed chair and two leaves (so it gets much bigger than in this picture, we just have to keep it this small for now). I definitely got the excited feeling when I saw it hidden under a bunch of old cups and plates in the dining room.:) And we got a GREAT deal on it!






 Isn't it pretty?! I just had to share. Now, what to do with it? Should we refinish it, do an antique white look or leave it alone?? Def recovering the chairs...



We also found this adorable little chair at the same estate sale. Eleanor fell in love and we couldn't say no. Wouldn't it be cute painted white??:)

Another hidden gem (to me anyways) has been this daily devotional Jesus Calling...just absolutely loving it...and totally manageable for mothers with kids. If you don't have it, go buy it now!



Lastly I leave you with the first and quite possible the last belly pic from this pregnancy. I feel so much bigger but doesn't my hubby do a good job of taking the picture at the right angle hah! he's learned by now;) 21 weeks and counting. And starting to get used to the idea of having a boy. This is going to be fun! I have already been looking at cute little outfits and nursery stuff online:)


5 comments:

the osbornes said...

LOVE it!! What a great find!
I love, love, love Jesus Calling.

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

absolutely LOVE the table!! Way to go! I love the hunt too.

Finish looks nice as is, but haven't really seen the rest of your house either.... but I love those old emobroid. chairs! Think my Gma or someone has the same one....
And cute lil' chair, love lil' kids rockers and such. What about a funky turquoise or lime green or something?? You could hand paint her name on it.
You look adorably cute!! So excited for your growing fam... ;)

Sydney said...

Loooooove that table!! Great find! And I'm SO super excited about that baby boy. You BETTER keep posting pics because you're THE most beautiful pregnant woman ever! Seriously.

jenica said...

Haha! I think our table and chairs are almost identical! But, yes, they are both still very rare, ahem. ;) I have had fabric chairs seats always (another set before) and I finally covered them in oilcloth which I LOVE because they're wipeable, but not too plastic looking.

You look so lovely! A boy is so special. And I think I like dressing them even more than a girl... it's the challenge finding those few cute boy things out there.

Morgan Smith said...

that table is awesome! i can hardly stand a great find like that:)))