Friday, March 9, 2012

Just some thoughts...

As the due date gets nearer and nearer, I am tempted to be anxious, worry, and stress:) a lot. A couple weeks ago, I read such an encouraging passage in my devotional.

"Your gravest danger is worrying about tomorrow. If you try to carry tomorrow's burdens today, you will stagger under the load and eventually fall flat. You must discipline yourself to live within the boundaries of today. It is in the present moment that I walk close to you, helping you carry your burdens. Keep your focus on my presence in the present." Jesus Calling

"But I am continually with you; you hold my right hand." Ps. 73:23

Here's my favorite:

"I am leading you, step by step, through your life. Hold my hand in trusting dependence, letting Me guide you through this day. Your future looks uncertain and feels flimsy-even precarious. That is how it should be. Secret things belong to the Lord, and future things are secret things. When you try to figure out the future, you are grasping at things that are Mine. This, like all forms of worry, is an act of rebellion; doubting My promises to care for you." Jesus Calling

"Secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those that are revealed belong to us and our descendants forever, so that we might obey all the words of this law." Duet 29:29

**So instead of worrying about what I need to be doing during nap time today, I am watching Pride and Prejudice on Oxygen...such a classic;)

No comments: