Friday, April 11, 2008

Anyone else looking forward to this?

So the long awaited "Economic Stimulus" is about to release! Scott and I are especially excited because we are looking to buy a house and could use the money. I will admit, for awhile I didn't believe it. Since when does the government give free money to honest hard working Americans? Has anyone heard of any loopholes to this?

According to this article below, May 2nd is the beginning of the distributions. If you did direct deposit for your tax return this year and the last two digits of the primary social security number is from 00-20 you will be the first to receive the moolah. Read this article below, it's the best one I have seen so far. It also includes a link to the IRS website telling you how much money will be coming your way.

http://finance.yahoo.com/taxes/article/104654/Luck-of-the-Draw

4 comments:

Scott and Lynn said...

Ugh - mine ends in 99!!! Guess I'll be the last :)

~ Rory ~ said...

Thanks for the link to the article. It was the most informative of all the ones I've read! Yeah! Money for savings!

bandanachick said...

Cool! Thanks for posting the link. I had heard rumor of the money, but didn't really believe it. I am so excited now!

Eryn said...

too bad you dont have any kids! then you really rake in the dough. we are super excited too. paying off some bills and getting carpet upstairs. back in 2000 or 2001 george bush did this before, but called it a tax rebate, saying we had been paying too much in taxes and so you get some back. i think it was an even $600 for everyone. but this time, not everyone gets it. and not the same amount. you have to make under a certain amount ( i think we all are ok :) and it depends on how you file, kids etc. we got our third kids in just in time!