Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Arkansas Derby










The Winner-Gayego

Scott and I and a few couples from church headed down to Hot Springs last Saturday for the Arkansas Derby. There are 12 races the first one starting at 12:00 and the last one at 6:15. This is the biggest day for Oaklawn Park because the horses that place in the 11th race(derby race) have a pot of 1 million dollars. They winner is also eligible to compete in the famous "Triple Crown" races. On Saturday there were over 56,000 people there to watch the races. We had a great time with our friends watching the races. And yes, we did see some ladies with the big hats and men in suits...I always hope to see that:)
P.S. Does anyone know how to get a border around my pictures like all you lovely people have on your blogs? Thanks!

5 comments:

Happy Diner said...

Did you & Scott bet your gov't economic stimulus payment on the races?

Brooke said...

I always though going to the races would be fun. We have never done it though!

I think the border around your pictures is part of the template you use. Some templates have them and some don't. You might try going to "Layout" and then "Fonts and Colors". There is a "Border Color" that you might be able to change (it might be set as the same color as your background and therefore not showing up). Hope that helps! :o)

Kari said...

Looks like a lot of fun Michelle. We have good memories from watching the AR Derby. Sad to miss out this year.

Michelle said...

Thanks Brooke I dont think I have that option...

And Josh, I had to laugh because we joked about it but no we didnt:)

Andrea said...

We went to the Arkansas Derby a couple years ago! It was blast! We love going to the horse races. It's a pretty cheap date. And we usually break even. (gasp! gambling! hey, its cheaper than going to the movies) Thanks for posting the fun pics.