Scott and I had Community Group at our house last week and boy let me tell you I was worried we would all fit but we did! And we LOVED having everyone over. All that to say, having 18+ people over will motivate you to get some stuff done around the house. And if it doesn't, I don't know what will.
We have been looking for a couch for quite some time and had really given up hope on getting a good deal on anything. We had been using my parents old couch which was very nice to have, but we were ready for a couch of our own. I just started praying and looking on Craig's list:) And guess what, we found the exact one we wanted on Craig's list!! A sectional, light tan, and upholstered. It was only three weeks old, still smelled new, and we purchased it for less than half of what the people paid for at the furniture store. God is GOOD. What a blessing that was to Scott and I.
We also decided to get our two red chairs recovered. I purchased these chairs about a year ago from a little shop, close to where we live, that was going out of business. The chairs were very old and not reliable at all. After some shopping for fabric in town, I decided to take a risk and buy from a discount fabric store online. Now, I have to say, compared to all you artsy and craftsy people out there(you know who you are), I have no skills whatsoever when it comes to recovering chairs. And frankly, it scared me. So I took the chairs to someone here in town. We got a GREAT deal and on top of the recover job, they fixed the support system in the chairs! So now they are fully functional!
I hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of fall. I have been so ready for fall to be here! Probably because that means we are closer to having our girl:) Less than a week to third trimester...yikes! I'm still feeling great. Just watching my belly GROW these days. Our girl is over two pounds now...half of what Izzy weighs...hah!! She is moving around like crazy and I love it. On an endnote, if you haven't tried the Pumpkin Spice latte from Starbucks you are missing out! I know it's been around a while but it just tastes so good these days!!



8 comments:
Oh, I love them!! They look great!
Nice post! I LOVE those pumpkin spice lattes too, but I have to drive 1/2 hr to get one! Was just asking Katie how she does it each day driving kids to school RIGHT past a starbucks twice a day! She goes, "where? I've never seen it." I love starbucks, it's my fav coffee place. She's funny, doesn't like coffee at all- most be the only Block I know who doesn't! Anyways! THanks for sharing your answer to prayer on the couch! What an encouragement- the Lord is good! I prayed like that for a dining room table right before we were married and someone who didn't even know we were looking called and had found a perfect one for us.
Love the new fabric on chairs! I'm into green these days.
Isn't it awesome to feel your child move inside of you!! Little Nolan has been sleeping in our bed the last few nights and sleeping so well. But I figure he's already been sleeping in there with us for 9 months now, no wonder! :)
I love your fabric choice for the chairs! They look great!
They are adorable! The fabric is great!
love your chairs!!! miss you so much, give a little pat to ellie for me
sarah
The chairs look great!
Glad that you're still feeling great. That's the perfect way to start motherhood! When will we see nursery pics? ;-)
I love the chairs! That is great fabric!
Those chairs are great!!!
Post a Comment