We've been a little busy lately at the Schuchard household these past few weeks. We have already been to the lake twice, Scott and I went on a week long cruise, and I now have my wonderful mother visiting me this week. So it has been a GOOD busy.
During the month of May, my friend Tracy and I went to the athletic club for some swim lessons for the kiddos. So fun!!! So, of course, by the time we made our first visit to the lake Eleanor was itching to get in the water. Annddd the water was FREEZING. So here we all are sitting on the edge of the boat dangling our feet in trying to brave the cold on our toes, and Eleanor is backing herself right into the water:) We dunked her in a couple times but she kept wanting more. silly girl. She felt like an ice cube when we finally put a stop to it. But SO nice to be out on the boat and away from LR for a couple days. We just love the summertime/lake.
Then Scott and I took a cruise to Mexico last week. Just the two of us. While his dear parents watched Eleanor. We had an AWESOME time, and so did Scott's parents and Eleanor so I hear:) I was able to read two whole books (Water for Elephants and Something Borrowed). I was in heaven. And of course spend some quality time with Scott which was so nice. I could give him my full attention which, in my opinion, is the one thing guys need after kids enter the equation. Sounds funny I know, but true. We met some really fun couples too. We had the same table every night with four other couples and got to know them really well! One of the couples was from Little Rock and they were on their honeymoon...so fun!
My parents picked us up from the airport last Saturday with Eleanor and it was a perfect ending to our vacation...getting to see Eleanor AND my parents! My dad left Sunday to go speak at a kids camp in Oklahoma and so I have been enjoying spending time with my mom all to myself this week.:) (besides my two days of work:(). We went to our little "spot" Trios for lunch tuesday. And we had to get the strawberry shortcake for dessert...our fav...SO STINKIN GOOD as always. I cherish my time with my mom. I do even more so since my parents have moved. I don't really know what age it was, but there was a time when I realized that the words of advice my mom had to give me were real gold nuggets instead of fake gold nuggets that you could do with or without. And most importantly she is concerned about my spiritual life and the kind of mother I am to Eleanor. And I love that. I need the accountability!
So I promise I will post pics in the next couple days. Promise! And ya'll have a wonderful Thursday...almost the weekend!!:)
**And today is Eleanor's first day of MDO. Such a big girl. Can not believe she is almost 18 months!!
No comments:
Post a Comment