Last thursday, Scott and I became parents...of a little puppy that is:) We will call her Izzy, which fits her perfectly. She is a yorkie that weighs 1.5 pds right now. We got her last thursday which marked her 7 wk old birthday. Both of us are already in love with her (although Scott claims we got her for me;)) She will prob only get as big as 4-5 pds.
Wow, let me tell you, when people say getting a dog is good practice for a baby, I may not doubt them now! She has been a full time job. For one, their ears are supposed to stand up straight so every two days we have to retape her ears for that purpose. She is a walking pee/poop disposal, and she hasnt had consistent sleeping habits at night yet. The first couple nights, we put her in our laundry basket by our bed and she slept fine, but last night was AWEFUL. She jumped out of the laundry basket twice and whined by the bed all night. So tonight after work we went and bought a crate (not a cage as scott has been referring to it as)) and hopefully tonight is better. But we love her, she has already brought soooo much joy to our little family. She is a tough tyke and thinks she is way bigger than she really is:) Any dog training tips would be nice!
My favorite...peeking out at the world:)
6 comments:
she is SO cute! almost makes me want to have a dog again... "almost".
That is definitely the smallest dog I have ever seen! She is a cutie though. I was cracking up when you said it was practice for having a baby. You are probably right though, I have never had a dog that I had to take care of so I wouldn't really know. I am glad that you guys are having fun!
How cute! I have a friend who gets up at night with her dogs more than we do with our kids, and I always kid her about it. I don't think I'd be willing to get up for a dog! :) But she looks awfully cute in those pictures and that adorable pink dog bed...how could you say no?
What a cutie! She looks like a little alien with her ears taped!
You will have to be watching your step around your house!
She is so so cute. It is crazy that something so tiny can cause so much work. Have fun!
She is so darling! I love puppies and she sounds like she'll always be one at that weight. How fun!
Post a Comment